Tuesday, April 7, 2020

CoronaCrafts - More Multiples

Yesterday I wrote about my Dangerous Business series as a way of playing with color combinations and background stamps.  Over the weekend, I made another set of cards using the Sketchbook Roses set from the Greetery that was released earlier this year.


I resisted this set at first because I was intimidated by it.   It was two things really.  First these big line drawings cry out for coloring - a thing I am not skilled at.  I mean, I play at it, but only in the most elementary way which occasionally does not look terrible.  And second, this lovely set has all of the stamps you need to add color without coloring, but it looked complicated for the likes of me.  But in the end, the scripty word "Beautiful" was too tempting, and I went for it.  Here's the card I made:


Yay!  I made four of them, actually.  My thought was that as long as I was stamping all of this out, aligning all of the layers, etc., I should use that moment to practice, try different color combinations, all the good stuff.  I ended up making four cards that were identical.  I was just so enthralled that I could stamp anything that looks like this that I didn't want to tempt fate by changing things or get out of the zone by stopping and changing color palettes mid-stream.

But I haven't put the stamp set away yet.  Now that I've gotten the first meeting over with and I know it's going to be okay, I want to try different colors and a different way of inking the stamps - now I'm ready for all of that.

And even though I thought my set of test stampings would never be made into cards, I liked them so much that I just went for it.  I dug through my stamps and found the greeting from A Muse Art Stamps (A Muse Studio now) from a million years ago that fit perfectly, and called it a day.  Or a card.  Or four.  I clearly need to step away from my computer screen.

Tomorrow:  Seasons Greetings

No comments:

Post a Comment