Tuesday, April 14, 2020

CoronaCrafts - Mini-inventory

The days are so strange now, and so monotonous that I can't even remember what I did this past weekend.  Sunday, of course, was Easter, which I don't celebrate, except for watching Easter Parade every year.  Though I don't celebrate, Easter was always an important time of year for me because that's when there was an influx of bunnies, my stuffed animal of choice in my formative years, in stores.  While most of my early bunnies are gone, I still like bunny images.  Last year on Easter Sunday, I made this card:


I used the Gina K wreath builder stencil, the Simon Says Stamp Oh Bunny set, and the Kiss Kiss set from Right at Home for the sentiment.

This year, the spirit wasn't moving me, but as I've been doing a bunch of stamp organizing and cataloging, in addition to trying to make and send a lot of cards, I decided to round up all of my bunny stamps, just for kicks.  I knew I had more than the set I used last year.  Yup.  I was right.



(I'm not going to even attempt to tag all of these images, but for all three of you reading this, if you really want to know where any of the images comes from, just ask.)

The fun, yet time consuming thing about this process was that I pulled together wood-mounted, cling-mounted and clear stamps in a single place.  This is my ultimate goal for my entire collection, but right now, my clear stamps are cataloged and tagged on Airtable, [most of] my wood mounted stamps are in organized by category in a physical paper catalog I've been keeping for years and years, and my cling stamps are inbetwixt inbetween.  But if this stay-at-home order lasts for much longer, I will have time to not only finish adding all of my unmounted stamps to the physical catalog, but create more specialty sub-category pages like these.

(Lies.  I will never be done organizing my stamps.)

No comments:

Post a Comment