Thursday, April 2, 2020

CoronaCrafts - 4 o'clock somewhere...

One of the silver linings I pretend there is with this being at home all of the time nonsense is that there is the potential for afternoon tea every day!  Now if only someone made me tea sandwiches every day, my joy would be complete, but in the absence of that, I can make cards featuring tea images. 


This is one of the cards that I started and set aside for a while, and finally put in the mail a couple of days ago.  I love tea time images and always want to find more excuses to use the Tea Time and the Celebrations sets from Altenew.  I stamped the images, clear heat embossed them, colored them with watercolor markers, and cut them out with the coordinating dies.

I have long wanted a stamp that says 'Surely it must be 4 o'clock somewhere,' but it's not to be found.  Someday I'll have it made into a stamp, but until then, I decided to take the radical approach of printing it onto card stock, and using that on my card.  Crazy, I know.  This led to the first delay in finishing the card (well, the second - the first was waiting for the watercolor to dry) because I had to find the perfect font, find the perfect size, decide on regular or bold text, etc.  Decisions finally made, then I had to decide how to arrange all of my elements (I almost just wrote arrange all of my elephants...), which always brings on a moment of panic, but I forged ahead.

I used an Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card stamp on a purple scrap, trimmed that to size, and used some corners from the Greetery's Cozy Cup Coaster Die for a table cloth.  In a perfect world, I would have printed the sentiment right on the card base, but I didn't trust myself to get the placement exactly right.  Instead I cut it out and mounted it on black so it would stand out.  Luckily, the tiered stand, teapot, and teacups fit perfectly across the card. 

There are a couple of things I'd change about the design next time, like shifting the table cloth pieces a bit to the left, but in general, I'm happy with how this came together.  Plus, purple!

Tomorrow:  a new look at layering...

No comments:

Post a Comment