Thursday, April 23, 2020

CoronaCrafts - Fun with Organization...

I once read that if you're any kind of crafter, you really have three hobbies, not one:  making whatever it is you make, shopping for and buying craft supplies, and organizing your supplies.  That's me for sure.  Some days I feel like doing one of these sub-hobbies more than another.  Now with the plethora of online everything, I like to have some craft projects I can do that don't require intense concentration so I can listen to the concert, or whatever, and still keep my hands busy.  This week's project has been color combo tags focusing on two stamp sets:  the Papertrey Ocean set I wrote about last time and the Altenew Nature Snippets set.

I've written before that choosing colors is not a thing I'm confident about.  It's dawning slowly that others may feel the same, even the crafters who make the fancy videos.  The key thing for me is giving myself permission and time to try a bunch of color combinations, even if I have to throw away some of the poor choices (I think the fancy video people might do this, and just not show it, or they might just have a great eye for color, which is why they are fancy video people.).  What I've decided to do when I can is make a bunch of color swatch samples for different stamp sets.  This way, when I go to use that set, I'm not constantly stressing over which colors to use.  I'll have a head start, and can make adjustments as necessary.  So while Karen Axelrod was playing the piano the other night, here's what I was doing...


I scoured the internet for card examples using the Nature Snippets set.  Whenever folks actually included the ink names in their post, I wrote them down and gave them a try.  I made 20 samples in all for this set, and am still collecting more ideas.


I die cut each sample with a tag die, and wrote the ink names on the back.  I did the same for the Papertrey Ocean set the other day.  I am so happy to have these as a reference!

Here are some of the cards I made with the Nature Snippets set this week (plus one from last year).  AND, I'll put the pink colors in the caption beneath each picture!  There were others, but I forgot to photograph them before they went out the door...

Altenew Inks:  Artic, Sapphire, Silver Stone

Altenew Inks:  Iceberg, Fresh Leaf, Sunray

Altenew Inks:  Ultraviolet, Jet Black, Volcano Lake

Altenew Inks:  Minty Mint, Just Green, Cotton Candy

Altenew Inks:  Coral Bliss, Heartbeat, Soft Lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment