Friday, March 20, 2020

CoronaCrafts - Day 5

Happy Friday!  Today was an exciting day!  I ventured outside to the bank, post office, and the grocery store.  I was so excited for this outing, I even showered and put on earrings.  But my household is not sick, so in the grand scheme of things, all is well.

As I was downloading the photo of today's card, I found the photo I took of the stamped image, dated 3-2017.  Yes, I started making this card three years ago, and held on to it until now.


The Gibson Girl image is from Flonz, a company from New Zealand.  I've long had a postcard of this same image, which reads, "Unucky at Cards, Lucky in Love."  I love how she is looking straight at you, and seems to be poised for trouble-making.  I paired it with an appropriate sentiment from Lockhart Stamps, which is scarcely available these days - maybe through Pink Ink?  Maybe through Stampassion?  Ebay has one!

To turn this into a card, I added some quick color to the dress and hair and mounted it on foam and then a card base.  

I love colorful cards, and cards with layers and fancy diecuts, but somehow this is the kind of card I come back to again and again. 

Tomorrow:  Cityscapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment