Friday, March 27, 2020

CoronaCrafts - Day 10

Happy Friday!  I'm making a cake, sitting outside as I write this post, and listening to some great dance tunes - not bad for my quarantine-like existence.

Today's card was built from a background I had made who knows when at a moment when I was experimenting with emboss resist techniques.  I used two of my favorite Distress Oxide colors:  Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves and a favorite background stamp, French Script by Darkroom Door.  I did the blocks of color side-by-side, and didn't know what to do next, so I set it aside.  Here's what I came up with the other day.


I have a whole list of Jane Austen quotes to make into stamps someday, but this is one I found on Etsy from a store called Makistamps out of Germany.  The image comes from Blank Page Muse and has the descriptive title Lady and Man Clock with Writing.  So it is.

The card came together pretty quickly, but at the last minute, I decided that both the quote and the image needed a black mat to help them stand out against the background. I cut the mat for the quote, but couldn't face my diecutting machine, with which I have an adversarial relationship, again that night, so left it for the next day.

When I've been sending out these cards, I'm doing a little bit of stamping on the envelopes.  Here's a perennial favorite:


I've had this stamp for ages.  It's appropriate for every occasion.  It was originally made by Rubber Poet, but is now available from StampaFe.

What are you working on this weekend?  I'm making more of my Dangerous Business cards and have one more person with snarky quote card ready to go.  Something will happen tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment