Wednesday, March 18, 2020

CoronaCrafts - Day 3 - Woodblock Wednesday!

I'm not talking about distancing anymore.  I may be practicing it, but it's not going into my post titles as of this minute!

It's Woodblock Wednesday!!

One of the craft organization projects I'm doing is adding all of my unmounted cling stamps, including those I've actually unmounted from their wood blocks, to my main catalog, which is a physical binder sorted by image subject.  This binder includes all but my most recent woodblock stamps (recent being from the last 3-ish years or so, a time when I all but stopped buying woodblock stamps anyway).  My goal is to catalog one unmounted sheet everyday.  This process involves finding the right place or places in the catalog for each image, stamping it onto the page, or creating a new page if there's not enough space, and adding a label to each image with the name, stamp company, and location in my stamp bins.  Doing one sheet a day is not arduous, and it gives me quality time with my catalog, which has so many images I still love from my early stamping days.  Today's card uses one of those images and continues a card series I will probably never get tired of.


I don't remember who made this image stamp.  I think it was a company called the Stampsmith, but whoever it was, they are long gone.  The ironic thing is that this was one of the images that came on a sheet of plain rubber featuring stills of dancers from the movies:  Fred & Ginger, Shirley Temple, etc.  Although I rarely gave unmounted stamps a second look in those days, I had to have this sheet and I took the time to mount each image on foam and a wood block a friend made for me.  Today, I undid that work on this image.

I mounted the image on a panel I diecut using the now-unavailable Tonic Studios Art Deco Collectible set (which is amazing!!  I have the Art Nouveau and Celtic versions of this set too!!!) and mounted over a piece of metallic paper.  I added the essential Silently Correcting sentiment from Viva Las Vegastamps.

This was another fun card to make.  The image stamped perfectly on glossy paper.  I almost ruined the whole thing by trying to cut it (twice) with a rounded rectangle die and my terrible die-cutting skils, but I figure that it just makes the image look more like an old photo.

Tomorrow:  more fun with die-cutting...

No comments:

Post a Comment