Thursday, March 19, 2020

CoronaCrafts - Day 4

I've mentioned before that I gravitate toward certain themes in the stamps and dies I buy and the cards I create:  coffee, Gibson Girls, women and snarky sayings, city skylines, etc.  Another of these is oceans, waves, and waterlines.  I love swimming, seafood dinners, river boat tours, ferry rides, and the like.  Today's card celebrates that love.


The showpiece of this card is the Layered Wave die set from the Ton Stamps.  It's amazing.  I'd cut out a few pieces from various shades of blue forever ago, but never used them because I wasn't quite sure what to do with them.  So I went back to the Ton's website and took a cue from one of their card examples just to get me started.  I even found the remants of the blue paper I had used before, and cut out a few more wave pieces, just to give me too many options.  Now that I watch the video on the Ton's website again, I might follow their example more closely next time.

I cobbled together a sentiment mostly from Technique Junkies.  At a stamp show some time, I got a grab bag of stamps from them, which included "Meet Me," and "the Sea."   I scoured my collection for anything containing the word "at" and found one.  I took my time lining up the words, and silver embossed each one.

Though very imperfect, this card, and these wave dies are amazing in person.  They would be great for a diorama or shadow box card, or over vellum, or paired with one of my layered ocean stamp sets! I have to use these dies again, so send your ideas.

Tomorrow:  Here comes trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment