Thursday, July 11, 2019

Portable crafting...

Summer is a time of traveling for me (Dance Camp!!), and brings with it all kinds of wishful thinking like I will have so much time for reading - I'd better take at least three books with me, and my Kindle, just in case.  And then I manage to only read a few pages from one book each night before falling dead asleep.  Crafting on the go is another one of these things aspirations.  I imagine I will have lots of downtime for working on a project, or making random things.  So I dutifully pack too many supplies, because I can never decide ahead of time what to work on, and maybe get an hour once, or not at all.

Last summer, in an attempt to not carry so much (as if), I focused on wreaths and the wreath builder system from GinaK Designs, and I actually made a few things I didn't hate.


People are making beautiful wreaths out there, and I aspire to that, but I find my success rate is mixed.  But I do love the idea of wreaths or other geometric designs not made out of flowers.  This is one I made last summer with a bunch of small stamps from the Stampendous Charm Collection.  I love the monochromatic simplicity of it, and the surprise when you look closely and discover the small images that make up the whole.  Someday, I'll actually turn this into a card.

I'm going back to camp in a few weeks.  Oh, all 1-2 people who look at this, what should I work on this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment