Friday, July 5, 2019

This could be vodka...

My grand plans for the July 4th holiday involved making at least five cards.  At least!  Which means I made 1.5...


I saw a card using this stamp set on Coffee-Loving Cardmakers, and thought about it for a long time before ordering the set from Cat's Pajamas recently.  The set features two of my recurring card themes and stamp purchases:  coffee/tea related stamps and saucy/sassy/snarky/wry/irreverent (which is the best descriptor???) sentiments.

I also wanted to practice with my watercolor markers, so I just stamped and embossed a bunch of images, and used my favorite for this card.  And look at me actually using some rhinestones I got for free with a stamp purchase a year ago.  I like a clean and simple card, but this one needed something.

Thinking about the card again this morning, if I were to do it over, which I might, I would leave the mug plain, or stamp or pattern piece a design on it, and then stamp the image with the sentiment in the same location on the inside of the card, leaving the sentiment as a surprise for the recipient.

Stamps:

Image:  This Could be Vodka by Cat's Pajamas
Background:  Love of Coffee by Picket Fence Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment