Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Colorplay

You'd be amazed at just how often I mean to post to this blog...  I have a big list of topics for posts, and photos even, but the absence of time.  So for all two of you who will see this, maybe there will be more coming.  Maybe I'll even post again this year, or this season!

I try to make a habit of documenting all of the cards that I make.  In the olden days, I would splurge on a color copy of the card and be satisfied that the image captured the idea of what I made, if not the exact colors.  These days, my phone goes up to the craft room with me so I can take a quick snap when I have a final product.  And more often than not, I take another shot of the card at my office where my cube is full of natural light in the mornings.  I recently made a birthday card and photographed it twice:



I know it's just science, but I find it amazing how the different lights make the colors appear different - warmer in the view on the left, shot at night in a room with dark walls lit by halogen and (maybe) incandescent bulbs, and more yellow on the right, taken in the light of my office window with some fluorescent overhead. 

So what color is it really?  I guess now only the recipient will get to decide...

Card Details:  Tim Holtz "Tiles" stencil with Distress inks; Coffee Bean stamp by Stamps by Judith & Heather; Sentiment by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous "Saying Stuff set"

No comments:

Post a Comment