Thursday, January 2, 2020

Color Anxiety...

Happy New Year!  So many craft projects to work on in the year ahead!

I'm making thank you cards to send to the people who gave me holiday gifts this year and hoping I can tie in each card to the gift itself.  The idea for the first card came easily.  The gift included a small bag of eight kitty treats for my cat, Bunny - one for each night of Chanukah - and though not part of the original gift, the give gave me a tin of cookies that was devoured by my husband over the last few days.  So the card - kitty cat and cookies.  Perfect.

I knew I would use one of the two cat silhouette stamps I have from Lavinia Stamps depending on how much room I had on the card (Mimsy, on the right, made the final cut).



And though I don't have any good cookie images in my collection, which seems impossible to believe, the Celebrations set from Altenew has a fine tiered treat stand. 

 

Then the real challenge - how to color the treat stand.  I mean, I never know how to color anything, not that I lack for coloring mediums.  So I took a deep breath, checked the internet for ideas, and came across this fine card by SkyPaperScissors on Pinterest, and decided that rather than stress about for hours and try a million color combinations, which is my usual habit, I would just use the same set of color that Seeka did in that example using my Zig Clean Color markers and a water brush.  Here's how it turned out:


A sentiment from Gina K Designs and a piece of glitter card stock completed the card.

Not only did I complete the card in less than an hour, I love how it turned out.  My take-away:  it's okay to just go with the color palette from another image I like.  My card is nothing like Seeka's and not nearly as good, but it works for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment