Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Woodblock Wednesday, take 1...

I saw a blog post the other week under the heading of "Woodblock Wednesday."  The idea was to create a card using stamps in your collection mounted on woodblocks.  I love this idea because it encourages you to use the older stamps in your collection, rather than always reach for the newest stamps closest to hand.  I have so many woodblock stamps that I adore, but don't reach for as frequently these days because the clear stamps and cling stamps are just so much easier to store and use, especially with the help of the MISTI.  I can't believe I've gotten to this point.  I remember back in the day when I would never even consider buying an unmounted stamp.  Look at me now...

I decided to take this challenge to a new place:  not only to use woodblock stamps in a card each week, but to use this as the opportunity to convert the woodblock stamps to repositionable cling stamps in hopes I might reach for them more often.  Here's my first card in this series, sent to a friend to thank her for hosting me over a dance weekend:


Image:  Picture Show; Quote:  Renaissance Art Stamps; Diecut frame:  Spellbinders

No comments:

Post a Comment