Friday, April 3, 2015

Bunny!

I used to love this time of year when I was a kid because this is the season when all of the stuffed bunnies would appear in stores.  They were always my favorite.  I have other animal predilections now, but I suppose some habits are hard to break.


Stamps:  Bunny with Radishes by Endless Creations
               Happy Spring by A Muse Artstamps

I don't go in for cute stamps much, but I couldn't resist this adorable bunny I found at the Heirloom Productions show in Allentown last weekend.  I paired it with a spring stamp I've had for ages.  The bunny stamp comes with a reverse image so your bunny can be on the right or left of the vegetables.  Before I realized that the stamp was called Bunny With Radishes, I assumed those were carrots underground.  Hence my color scheme.

This card is amazingly bright, which is really odd for me.  After I stamped and colored the image, I wanted a bright background paper to pick up the color of the carrots, and then another base color that would keep the mood and subdue the orange slightly.  I have an old swatch book from Marco's Paper that is a great source of card stock in colors I'm not likely to have, like these, which fit the bill.  The swatch book was spiral bound, once upon a time, hence the slots on the left side.  I taped a ribbon down with double-sided tape, the product with which I cannot live without, and attached a plain, white card on the reverse as a writing surface.

To trim down the orange mat under the bunny image, I used another great find from the Heirloom show:  Perfect Layers.  I don't quite know how these work yet, but they are ruler shaped with a lip at a specified distance.  The lip buts up against your base image and allows you to trim an exact border.  I used the smallest 1/16" edge for this card, and it worked!

Here's an image of the same stamp from the Endless Creations site:

love1

 Here's another which shows the reverse bunny image.

easter blessings

Note that both of these images have the same vegetable coloration as my card!

I hope the bunnies stay out of your garden this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment